Thursday, June 2, 2011

Felix Cartal at Our House Records

(Left to Right: Felix Cartal, Austin and Daniel [Realboy], Random Camera Guy)

This guy is a Canadian Powerhouse. One of DIM MAK’s finest. This guy has been throwing down around the world for a few years now and has begun to develop a sound that is massive consisting of large buildups with very hard powerful drops. Most of the tracks he creates are bangers indeed and get the crowd moving on every occasion. His newest EP Solar/Lunar were some of my favorite tracks to date by him, especially Solar. The power that Felix Cartal gets behind his hard hitting electro house is always something worth going out to see, so I did it. Coincidentally, my friends Austin and Daniel of Realboy happened to be opening for him on April 30th at 330 Rich Street in San Francisco. I decided to make a weekend of it. 

After leaving Friday afternoon the journey was very long. I got to Realboy’s house at around 11 P.M. The next day was big for them, as well as preparation over at Our House Records and dealing with Felix (Taylor). After picking him up at the airport, and taking him to his hotel I stuck around with Realboy as they created their set and prepared for the night, now, onto Felix and his set. I really enjoyed watching him light up such a tight knit show full of fans from all over San Francisco. I have never been to that many smaller shows and it really opened my eyes to the “closeness”. Nevertheless, Felix threw down hard…he had me going throughout his entire set. I was very impressed and even had the chance to exchange a few words with him in the back room, but nothing of importance was really said. Mostly small talk, either way, it’s always cool to communicate with artists who are moving forward with success.



No comments:

Post a Comment